In order to correctly prepare for an exam it is necessary for you to know in advance and with clarity which contents you need to study. The teacher can help you understand what is actually important and what is not. It is important to know the kind of exam you will take: a test, a practical or theoretical exam, an essay, a concrete exam requiring short answers, etc. Based on this you can start picturing the kind of studying you will have to do: with a lot of memorizing, connecting ideas, including every data even the less important, etc.
At this point we just need to make use of all the techniques we have learnt so far:
– A first quick reading of what needs to be studied.
– A second slower, analytic reading, highlighting and adding side notes.
– Summary construction.
– Synoptic chart construction.
– Overview, reading of what was highlighted, summary reading and final review of the ideas included in the synoptic chart.
HOW TO TAKE AN EXAM
– Always be sure of the time allotted to take the exam, have it always on your mind.
– Do a first general reading of all the questions.
– Carefully read each question and make sure you understand what is being asked.
– Start by answering those questions for which you know the answer without taking much time, using only the information you have been clearly required to include. If later you have time, complete them.
– Work on the questions for which you think you do not know the answers next.
– Review the answers you provided before turning in the exam.